Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Just be nice

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me I believe is a false statement. How we approach a conversation and how we say something can hurt a person's feelings. This passage made me think about how different our manners, word choices, and conversations are today than they were decades ago. People now say whatever they feel and whatever is one their mind but do not think about how another person may react to their statements. In arguments people barely listen to the other side of the argument and automatically assume they are right. I do believe we all have the right to free speech but some things we should really keep to ourselves. Manners, word choice and are tones today affect our conversations not only with our friends and family but how we will one day speak with our boss. As the saying goes, if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment