Monday, June 18, 2012

Anti-Intellectualism

The terms nerd and geek have been around for decades. These terms describe the kids who are above average in their school work. I believe that this article stands true that we all have a dislike towards our peers that are smarter. I have always been jealous of the people that are smarter than me. It always irks me how some concepts come so easily to the nerds while I struggle to understand. It bothers me that some people go through school so easily earning straight "A" report cards while I have to work hard for my "B" average. I believe that everyone shouldn't be so negative toward the geek either though.  If we did not put such a negative stereotype on the nerds of today students would study more and want to become more like the geeks. One day the nerd next to us in our high school math class could easily be our boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment